Monday 2 December 2013

My Lou Reed Concerts

So I was thinking about how many times I saw Lou Reed in my life. Six, it turns out:


National Stadium, Dublin, April 12th, 1979 (The Bells Tour)

Wembley Arena, London, July 4th, 1989 (New York Tour)

The Point Depot, Dublin, May 4th, 1996 (Set The Twilight Reeling Tour)

The Helix Theatre, Dublin City University, May 5th, 2003

Waterfront Hall, Belfast, June 24th, 2008 (Berlin)


Hammersmith Apollo, London, July 4th, 2011

Funny, for some reason I thought it was more. Still, over a thirty-two year period, quite a long time.

PS. I’ve just remembered that I also saw Lou Reed as a contributor to the Came So Far For Beauty Leonard Cohen Tribute show in the old Point Depot in Dublin on Thursday, October 5th, 2006.

http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/dublin.html 

And, at the Rogues’ Gallery: Pirate Ballads, Sea Songs and Chanteys show on Friday, July 8th, 2008. Both shows produced by Hal Willner.


That must be the reason it seemed like more.





No comments:

Post a Comment